Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Something to Share

Having attended Chap Harper’s incredibly clever and interesting book signing event at Garvan Woodland Gardens on July 2, I found it interesting the following day to come across an online article at KillerNashville.com entitled “How to Host a Killer Book Event.”

Despite the fact that I do not yet have a completed a book and, therefore, have no book events on the agenda, the first thing I did was to copy the article to a Word document and save it in my “Book Marketing” folder; one day, and I hope it’s not far off, I will have a book of my own to market. 

The second thing I did was to forward a link to the article to the members of the Village Writer’s Club “What Next” Personal Interest Group (PIG), led by Cy Holliday. The members of that PIG are interested in getting books published; marketing those books will be a crucial element in getting their books in front of readers. In response John Achor sent me a link to another exceptionally valuable article entitled "40+ Ways to Make Your Next Book Signing an EVENT!" (When you read the article, you'll note that it is Part 1 and links to the following Part 2 and on through to Part 4.)

The third thing I did was to write this and schedule it to be posted here. I did that because I enjoy sharing tips about writing and publishing with the other members of the Village Writers’ Club. I hope other members will share valuable tips and ideas with me, too, and offer their encouragement.

We are a community of writers, people who share a love of the written word and its power to educate, inform, provoke thought, and change lives.  I encourage every one of you to share your ideas or your questions with the rest of us.

No comments: